Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The week that went by....

Hmmmm even though I m jobless here I mean nothing BIG to do still I could not find time to write this post... This was due by this monday.... Anyway now that I m writing it , I m thinking back and revisiting my activities over the whole week that went by... Monday was very boring and tiring, just did not feel like getting up since the temperature here dips any time... Tuesday I was determined to not waste and go out, so there I went for my regular routine walks around our apartment....and made vegetable soup and bruschettas for dinner.. Was happy that it turned out well.... Wednesday & thursday went on some reading, and movie watching ....Here comes Friday and this is what I wanted to write about.... We invited Gome's old roomies for Dinner and I starting thinking what should be the menu....

Asked couple of friends... Interestingly I have friends who have real good culinary skills, so took some tips from them and I was glad to read couple of food blogs shared by my friend Anita who herself blogs http://sliceofmylyfe.wordpress.com/ . Thanks Anu for sharing those... Finally I made up my mind to make the following for dinner:

1. Dahi Dum Aloo
2. Mixed Vegetable dry
3. Thyme Paranthas
4. Sprout Salad
5 Custard (On Demand by Gomes ;) )


One of my friends dad had a surgery, so the morning went on calls, from parents to inlaws and to friends... Without having a hint of time it was 4 pm and I was wondering when would I start preparing for dinner since only custard was made by then....

One interesting thing I noticed from 4 pm to 6.30 pm I was done with everything without binging on which I normally do since there is not much to do for me....And I was happy...Sharing some pictures of the food that I cooked for the dinner...
Sprout Salad

Mixed Vegetable Dry

Dahi Dum Aloo 

Thyme Paranthas

Custard


 No wonder we had fun and the party went on till 11.30 in the night... Super tired and satisfied we hit bed... Weekend started with an awesome news.... :) .... followed by we eating at a restaurant called RAJNI ( Inspired by Rajnikanth - The super star) ummm.. The hot sambhar vada was wow.....and then we saw X -MEN first class....Sunday was just lazing around and watching Padaiyappa ( a Rajni Hit) and Chupke Chupke a superb comedy ....

Yeah this was all about my week......

3 comments:

  1. Ok.. 2 more hrs for my lunch and i read this blog...human cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... allthe food looks sumptuous! I am drooling away just looking atthe pics. I am sure, your friends would have enjoyed the feast.
    Indeed a well spent week,must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmyyyyy....share recipe for sprout salad.....fast...

    ReplyDelete