Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My first week in America - The land of opportunities ( ;-) as called in the movie Flavours)

So finally after 3 and half months , now that I m writing I realise it is exactly this period of being away from Gomes I get to meet him.... here in US to be specific in JFK ( New York airport) ... The journey from India to US would be coming shortly in my next post ( I hope so) ... Oh god the feeling of seeing him after this long period cant explain in words... AWESOME...just a hug and it says it all.... no words just stare.... staring at each others eyes ... Ok ok... wont bore you with our eye to eye thing....
Next I knew we headed to the Parking lot... interestingly theres no Ground floor concept here... its called Level 1 ... So we headed in terminal 8 Parking lot and I saw our car.... Nice cherry red ... so we started on our way back from New York to New Jersey where I m living currently...
I was in America... For the last couple of years I always wanted to get here and work here.. dont know whats so great about it yet but yes I wanted to come and WORK here...

So we crossed the so called New York Skyline and also the streets but trust me I have not noticed them then cos I was just busy looking at him... The traffic was bad that day thats what Gomes says since it took us nearly 2 hrs to get back home.....So finally we arrived at Gateways @ Randolph thats our apartment... Now this place is a little hilly area, so we parked our car and I was super excited to see our home which till now I had seen just in Webcam... and realised that we have to drag the super duper heavy luggage which I have got after paying extra at the airlines from India.... Some how we pulled the suitcases to our first floor apartment and my house is beautiful... well ventilated and nice....

Interestingly till now I didnt feel tired or no signs of jetlag as well... So we got freshened up and were on our way to drop one of his Friend to the airport ... while on our way back we went to SUBJI MANDI (Its Indian Store) ... U get everything there right from Parachute oil to Ganthia and MDH masalas.... So shopped for some groceries.... Interestingly last weekend here was a long one Monday being the Memorial Day... So we shopped stuff and on our way back home I dozed off in the car... Came back home and had dinner... Trust  me when any one lives alone I would not mention Man or a Woman.. The fact is if either of them live alone in any part of the world they intend to cook less and eat more of Frozen stuff ... So here I m with my Fridge loaded with Frozen paranthas.. All kinds from Naan to Roti to Phulka everything.... So yes we had them since I was in no mood to cook that day....

Next day we went for some furniture shopping... The place we went IKEA was so huge that we went in at 12 pm and got out at 8 pm... This is a whole 8 hr shift that we did... But satisfied we came home....decorated the house, settled our stuff.....

Next day we went to Temple it was lovely rather such a wonderful feeling to just see god..... a sense of peace and happiness.... All idols are there from Venkateshwara to Shivan , Durga to Seeta and Hanuman... There was some big Kumbhabhishekham was going on so it was very crowded but still I loved it...

Next day we went and had lunch at Hotel Saravana Bhawan .... and its only now that my jetlag started showing its existence eveyrthing I ate was tasteless and I was so drowsy and felt pukish almost all the time... Its 10 days now and I m still figuring my taste buds out...

When Tuesday came only then I knew that all I have in hand is to do some walking and then watch TV endlessly and cook... This is pretty much what we did over the whole week..

As I mentioned earlier I wanted to WORK here... untill I get to do that I can just say I miss India.... Just tooo much..... Theres nothing better than My INDIA..... and more so I miss all my Family, In laws, Friends a lot....

Hope this week I would spend more interestingly and U guys too....

2 comments:

  1. And thus it begins...a life abroad :( welcome to this confused state of mind when you feel " Ohh why did I leave home" and in the next 10minutes you feel "America WOW!!" :)
    Have fun :)
    vim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a post!!

    Lovely to read about you settling down and taking things in your stride. Hope you are feeling better now.

    Please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete