Sunday, March 20, 2011

The COOKING week :)

Yeah this week I had just seen the Kitchen I guess  :) .. Monday morning is always a hurry burry.... so after a busy monday morning @office when I came back home , I just cooked phulka & some subji ... I m trying right now so hard to remember which subji did I make... But cant recall.... Ahhh yes it was Paneer ...As tuesday went by, the work in office started getting more hectic.... but again same I was in kitchen till 10 pm making dinner, cleaning the puja valak etc....

Managing work & home is a difficult job I must admit... But yes it is very satisfactory as well after a well served day :) ..Wednesday I cant recall at all....So now comes thrusday I took the day off since Amma had a cataract operation thankfully this got over in just an  hour... Actually I would like to describe how I my thrusday had been... Got up at 5 .30 am to prepare our breakfast & preparing for Amma's things which we would need to take to the hospital... At 7.15 we were expected to be at the hospital. Me, with Amma & Appa reached around 7.20 and Amma had to get some BP check up and then around 8.10 she went inside the OT... The doctor (Dr. Amar Agarwal) got into the OT about 8.37 am and then the attendent called me and led me to a side room where I could see everything in how the operation was done and the new multifocal lens was inserted into her eye in a screen.. and within 4 mins we got a nod from the Doctor that the operation was successful... Amma was out by 8.50 and we were home by 9.15 Am...

So once I was back home there was house work to do... So thrusday went on just taking care of Amma and me resting on a weekday... :) .. Come friday and I was wondering what to make for breafast and I ended up making Potato stuff bread patties for all of us and Oats for Amma.... So friday evening its time for Chapati and My sister in law making yum Dum Aaloo....and crispy cookies for desert...

Saturday morning I got certified for making Authentic Southindian Sambhar from my Mother in law ( you know how  much it means right? :)) .... I was happy.. then comes the sad news.. it was 9.30 and the maid didnt turn up... So  this means that I end up doing all the dishes of the previous night as well the morning... So a very tiring day and then to make things easy I thought I would just make something simple for Lunch... So there I was making vegetable pulav... thankgod it turned up well :) ....

And then just a little bit of a rest in the afternoon and video chatting with my darling... and evening I  went out for a walk and while walking and talking to my hubby I decided to make veg chowmein for dinner...

And what best compliment could I get when my Brother in law says it tastes like Mainland China :) ... I was glad and today morning...

Happy Holi... I got up missing Gomes and my whole family and so to say Delhi... I missed the colours.. it is our first holi after marriage but we were not together to celebrate it.. But I got myself distracted and got into my normal routine of making breakfast... So for breafast I made Tomato -Onion Chutney & cocunut chutney along with Dosa... And another compliment from my BIL... The chutney tasted like Saravana Bhawan,.... Now I could not hold onto my thoughts of actually opening a restaurant....

Anyhow I decided to make a proper southindian meal  for lunch...

So here goes what I made ... there was Semiya Payasam, Murungaikai  ((Drumstick) Sambhar, Carrot & beans Poriyal and rice.. and when I pronounce these in this manner it means it is cooked in the  proper Southern way  with no North flavour....

Once I was done with all this comes the pack of the day.. my SIL & BIL comes from behind and colour me in all colours of love... and beyond this I need not say.. the picture says...Even our dogs played with colours :)


With Ginger


Me with Divya & Adithya

In all this I just missed my home & gomes the most... but these guys made my day.... They are a darling... Thank U Divs & Aadi :) ...

And once we got ourself cleaned and had the southindian flavoured food.... wherein the compliment I received from Appa was wow the look has the southindian touch and the Vanilla flavoured Payasam won the championship of the best item :) ...

OK Now I think its enough of food for me for now.. Evening I went and met Rajesh, Ramya, Shankar & Guru & for a change for this week ordered Pizza from Dominos there... :)...

Happy Holi.... May ur life be filled with colours....

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holi!
    So glad tt you had a great day celebrating your first holi.
    I am mighty impressed by the way your have swept your in laws off their feet by your culinary prowess

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading that blog ...I AM HUNGRY!!!

    ReplyDelete